Here’s how to make applesauce without sugar. You can make chunky cinnamon apple sauce (for pork roast) or smooth applesauce (for ice-cream!). This applesauce recipe from Julie is simple to make and tastes better than store-bought applesauce.
How to Make Applesauce — Easy Peasy
- Cut a dozen apples into large pieces*.
- Place in a large pot and add water until you reach about a third to half of the apples.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon. Cover and put heat to medium.
- Stir regularly and cook until soft.
- Cool down.
- Serve as is for chunky applesauce or use a hand blender to puree.
- Add more cinnamon if needed.
Eat as is, or with ice-cream. Bon appetit!
*Cutting and coring apples can be the most time-consuming step in this recipe, but this and this will help. If you don’t want the apple skin, then check out this machine, which peel, core and slice apples all in one step.