Homemade iced tea is a refreshing drink that's tasty, healthy, and easy to make. If you’re looking for everything you need to know to make the perfect iced tea, then you’ve come to the right place.
What Are the Benefits of Homemade Iced Tea?
Drinking iced tea is a delicious way to stay hydrated on a hot summer day. When you make iced tea at home, you get to control the ingredients. You know what you're putting into your drink, and you can avoid sugar and other unhealthy ingredients that are often found in store-bought drinks.
Making and drinking iced tea is also a great way to spend time with family and friends!
What Are the Best Teas for Making Homemade Iced Tea?
You can make iced tea with any good quality teas. Either green tea or black tea will make a delicious iced tea. You can even make it caffeine-free!
We recommend fruity teas for this icy summer drink. Here are the top 5 best teas to make iced tea with:
1) Organic Peach Rooibos - Fruity caffeine-free infusion, makes a tasty iced tea!
2) Tropical Coconut - A delicious tropical oolong tea with real juicy pineapple and creamy coconut.
3) Organic Hibiscus-Berry - Sweet and juicy with berries, orange, and mango flavour.
4) Darjeeling Organic - A black tea with delicate fresh, floral, and grape notes.
5) Kyoto Cherry Rose Organic - A perfect balance of fruity and flowery green tea.
How To Make The Perfect Homemade Iced Tea?
Follow this recipe for the perfect homemade iced tea.
Makes 2 litres of iced tea:
Make a concentrated tea by adding 8-10 teaspoons of loose leaf tea to 1 litre of boiling water.
Let steep for 5-7 minutes.
Strain tea leaves.
Cool in the fridge.
When ready to serve, fill half your glass with the concentrated tea and half water. Add ice-cubes. Enjoy!
Keep a pitcher in the fridge so you’re always ready for unexpected guests!
How to Make Cold Brew Iced Tea?
Glad you ask. It’s easy to make cold brew iced tea at home. This cold brew method yields a smooth, complex brew that’s great for summertime sipping. Here’s how:
Add 2 teaspoons of loose leaf tea for each 8 oz of cold water.
Let steep in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
3 Healthy Fruit Blends For The Perfect Iced Tea
Don’t stop at lemon for your homemade iced tea. Why not experiment with other fresh fruit to jazz up your drink? Here are a few combos that make for fun iced tea recipes:
1) Strawberry and Raspberry: This is a very popular combo because the sweetness of the raspberry mixes well with the tartness of the strawberry.
2) Blueberry and Peach: These two fruits have a nice balance between sweet and tart flavours, so they make a great addition to your iced tea.
3) Lemon and Ginger: If you like ginger then this will be your favourite fruit blend for iced tea.
Try a few combos and find your fave!
There you have it. It’s easy to make iced tea at home. Our Unmediocre General Store at Port Moody has a wide selection of premium teas for you to choose from. Which tea will you be using for this summertime treat?