Working toward zero waste doesn’t need to be expensive or complicated. Like other things in life, aim for progress not perfection.
Here are five simple swaps to get you started…
- Not only are tea bags not fully compostable, fancy teabags also release microplastics into your drink. Eek! Instead, choose loose leaf teas and use a tea strainer. This tea mug comes in 6 calming colours to make steeping your favorite cup easy and fun.
- When it comes to your daily coffee, why not choose a pour over with a reusable coffee filter or a french press instead of single-serve coffee pods, which create unnecessary costs and waste.
- Speaking of coffee, bring your own reusable coffee mug over disposable paper cups, which have a plastic lining inside. This double-walled stainless steel tumbler is a work of art and keeps your coffee hot for hours.
- Ditch disposable plastic bags and use a Reusable Tote instead. Not only will you reduce the amount of single use plastic, these reusable bags come in a rainbow of designs and colours to brighten your day.
- Trade household cleaners containing potentially toxic chemicals with a natural cleaner that can be refilled. This one is biodegradable, phosphate free and smells like lemongrass.